History trip to the Fortines of Brunete

 Hi everyone,

This school year has been semi-presential, that means I went to school one day and another day I had to do the work the teachers sent on an online platform called AV (Aula Virtual). I think I mentioned it in the blog entry called a Walk in Peñalara. 

Anyway today I'am going to write about a history trip my teachers, my friends and I did on the 9th of April of 2021. My history teacher organised it because we were with a unit called Spanish Civil War. Anyway I was the first school trip I had since COVID-19. It was an interesting trip, and we learned new things about the bunkers in the Spanish Civil War. Me and my family have a bunker near our house. It was a very hot day, so we really enjoyed it and it was very refreshing when we went to the shade. Here are some photos:


Another bunker
One bunker by the other side of the road
The biology teacher showing me some plants near a bunker









The door of a bunker




It was really interesting to see history in front of my eyes instead of reading it in a book. The battle of Brunete was one of the most terrible battles in the Spanish Civil War. I'm lucky I wasn't born in that time. I have a neighbour that has a metal detecter and he's found load's of bullets and bits of an anti-tank shrapnel.















Comentarios

Entradas populares