Basketball, hacks, wear and tear

Hi everyone!
I hope you are having such a good summer. It is finally time for a new entry on the  famous Batec blog.  I am going to call it ‘basketball, hacks, wear and tear’. We are going to look at why playing more basketball made me realise the wheel angle on my wheel chair needed changing. Then the good and bad effects that had.

Basketball
In 2018/2019 season I’ve been playing a lot of basketball. I liked going training on Tuesday from 19:30h to 21:20h. This year I’ve played more tournaments than ever: at Christmas,  at Easter and finally in Summer. In Summer I did a one-week intensive course with the Estudiantes in Madrid. Tiring, but great!  Our coach, Brian, is the coach for the NY Rollin’ Knicks.






Hacks
The wheel angle on basketball chairs are very open which makes them very stable. I found sometimes that I flipped my Batec and I needed more stability. So maybe this was the answer.  So we did a hack. You can change the angles of the wheel very easily using a adapter that we bought very cheaply. 

As you can see this gives more stability and turning power. I flip less than before. My turning circle is amazing.










Finally, wear and tear  

Stability is great, but it wears down the tyres. A piece of advice expensive tyres are not necessarily the best, I recommend cheap Decathlon tyres. They last for ages.






Crutches hack 
   
I found a great way to put my crutches in the back of my wheelchair. I going to try to use it to take my crutches to school. 








Comentarios

Entradas populares